Rain, rain go away...sheesh!

Who am I kidding? This is Houston!
Seriously, though. I don't think we've had more than twenty four hours of sun since late January. I'm beginning to understand what its like to live in Seattle...no offense to my Washington State fans, but constant rain? Ugh!

I feel like I'm developing webbing between my toes and I wouldn't be surprised to see feathers growing out of odd places. There's a stretch of land just outside of the subdivision that's been cleared and leveled...it's right by a retirement apartment complex and not too far from the railroad tracks...If I start to see mass amounts of lumber hitting the ground...much more than for the complex next to it, I might be raising an eyebrow. When the animal sounds start, I'll most likely start to get my affairs in order and pack for the journey Home, because sure as shootin', the Lord will be coming on a cloud out of the Eastern Skies!

I'm worried about my cats, though. They still hate water. Maybe I can built them some little life rafts that they can sit on and observe the deluge...maybe some Plexiglas in the center so they can watch the fish and whatever else floats under their raft. They are, after all, a curious bunch.

Don't think Bailey, my mudding Duck Tolling Retriever Mix will have many issues with the rain and sludge, the others will have to learn to tread water. The Rat (translate: Daughter's Min Pin)? He might just shake himself silly and hope the cats will let him on their raft after they're finished laughing at him in his raincoat.

By now, I'm sure you're wondering if I'm tired of the rain...Nah! Not me! It waters the lawn, the flowers, the weeds, the mud puddles, the cement, the car stuck in an intersection because "the car is taller than that puddle is deep..." (famous last words) and the tree-trash all over the place. My flag got shredded with the wind and rain and is currently snagged on the pole out of my reach. I could get the ladder to get it down, but the ground is so soggy, the ladder will sink and I still won't be able to reach my flag. Going to have to wait until the ground hardens some.

It's rained so long here, when Mouse sees the weatherman on the nightly news, she shakes her head, makes a face and says, "he's sooo fired." Yeah. Its that real.

Okay, so I know some of you are out there either giggling yourself into a depends necessitating fit or you're shaking your head. Either way, I'm willing to bet you've been entertained. So, can you do me a favor?

Pray that the rain will stop. I don't look good in duck feet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.