The strongest glue known to Man

Did you know there's a glue that's stronger than Crazy Glue? Stronger than Gorilla Glue? No? Well there is. It's strong enough to heal, strong enough to bind even the most stubborn of things to that which is good, and it's not patented, you can't find the resources for it in the deepest mine. It can't be bought or sold at any price, however, all you have to do to get this Glue is to ask for it through one Person, Jesus Christ.
That Glue is God.

Yesterday was a bit of a frustrating day for me. A lot of things went way off track, whack, insane, whatever you want to call it. Murphy's Law was in full effect. I felt as if I was losing my mind. I prayed for God to fix that which was losing cohesion, and a name kept coming through my mind. So I called. Now, I don't know right now what the outcome of the prayer and request will be, but God does, because He's already there. He's already prepared everything and I just have to trust...and believe He will hold me together. His love, His grace, His mercy and His provision are the glue that will hold me together.

When I came home from dropping the Granddaughters off with Mama, I sat on my bed and just prayed. Names started popping into my head, and all I could do was to pray that God would "hold them together." Marriages..."God, hold them together." People's finances..."God, hold them together." Folk's state of mind..."God, hold them together." The Church..."God, hold them together." This Country..."God, hold us together." Instance after instance would come to mind, and every response was a prayer to hold them together. I have no idea why.

This morning, after a fitful night, I woke to the song, "My Story" by Big Daddy Weave. The lyrics that kept playing over and over, like a tape loop were these:

"For the grace that is greater than all my sin
Of when justice was served and where mercy wins
Of the kindness of Jesus that draws me in
Oh to tell you my story is to tell of Him"

I have to say that when you awaken to lyrics like these running through your head, its very hard to be unglued. Because I trust that He will hold me together, I can get through this day knowing that He is in ultimate control...that He was there in the past, is here with me now, and is at the end of whatever situation I find myself in. Because He is outside of time, He is able to see my choices and will give me the tools and the means to get through whatever comes my way. He removes from my path that which is harmful or for evil, and if I will let Him, holds me when all I can do is look up and say help. 

I know this probably sounds depressing, but the way life is going for us here in the United States, there will be a lot more times that we as Her People will look up and ask God to hold us together. Its not just me or my problems at the moment, its all of us collectively. We can't do this on our own. We can stress and worry about the issues at hand, the Presidential race, the immigration crisis, but it all boils down to this: Are we willing to get on our knees as a Nation, ask forgiveness and guidance and to ask God to hold us together? Some will shout out a resounding, yes! Some will shout out equally with a resounding, no! 

As I read back over this, I get that it seems I'm rambling a bit. Maybe so, but I feel like God has given me these words to give to you. That it would be your prayer today. Maybe you have a family that is falling apart. Pray that God will hold you together. Finances that are spiraling out of control. Pray that God will hold them together. Stress and health issues bombarding you. Pray that God will heal and hold you together. 

Have a blessed week, everyone.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.