Are those gills developing on my neck?

Okay, so I don't have gills, yet, but I'm watching the webbing between my toes very closely. Ha, ha!
Also waiting to see if a ginormous boat with a bunch of animals will float by...yeah, it's getting real around here.

Seriously, though. Hurricane Harvey has been a bit nasty. The south and west sides are being inundated by the rain, it hasn't let up since Friday night. Creeks and bayous are cresting and over-flowing their banks. For a select amount, for about two hours yesterday, parts of the Houston area had no rain, and the sun tried to come out. Then the clouds passed over and it has been non-stop since then.

Right now, I have the television on, and in the background I'm hearing the newscasters tell people to not go into their attics, but to go to the roof instead. This is serious. One has even gone so far as to ask for prayer for Houston. You could hear the hesitation in her voice, but she said it. And we need it.

Me? We're on the Northeast side, and on a bit of a hill. All around us there is flooding, on the tollway feeder, on the main street about a mile east of us, on main streets north and south of us. Most in our subdivision, well at least in our section of the subdivision, will experience no flooding. Those who have pools may not have the luxury of saying that, as they (the pools) will overflow and cause flooding in the house.

I'm praising God for the safety that He has provided us right now. I'm praising Him for protecting our neighbors. I'm thanking Him for keeping the power on so that we don't have to worry about Mouse's oxygen.

If we have a break, I plan on checking on the neighbors around us to make sure they're okay. We have at least one neighbor who is retired. We'll be checking on him and his wife. Another neighbor who is really quiet, we barely know they're there, but I'll be checking on them. I want them to know they are being prayed for and see if they need anything. Only two of my neighbors have pools, will be checking to see if they need anything.

Friday, our Pastor called church off because of the storm. This morning, he live-casted his sermon from his kitchen table. My husband commented that it was a short sermon, but I pointed out that it was the same amount of time, that the choir has almost half of the hour, and the invitation the rest of the half. Anyway, our Pastor had a very encouraging message for all of us, and I thank God that we have the kind of technology for him to reach out to his congregation.

So, I'm going to ask something of all of my readers. If you will, please say a prayer for Southeast Texas, and those affected by Hurricane Harvey. Please pray for protection for our first responders, our hospitals and their staffs. And please pray that our loss of life is minimal.

In the meantime, I'll be singing "Praise You in the Storm," and praying for God's protection.
If you're in the area, please, be safe and listen to the news for updates and alerts.
Be safe, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Jesus wept.

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.