Diary of a Crazy Cat Lady

For those of you who have been following me for a bit, you probably are aware that I now have two books out; The Father's Footsteps, which is a political suspense (fiction), and Diary of a Crazy Cat Lady (also fiction), which is pretty much self explanatory...it's a humor book. Well.

 Sometime last month I had filled out a survey from one of the book sites that I'm connected with, don't remember which one it is now...I have CRS... "Can't Remember Stuff". Anyway, I get this phone call this morning from a marketing rep and we talked for about an hour about all kinds of things. Now, understand, I have nothing out that qualifies as non-fiction, which is what the survey was for, and if you were picked, then you would get this consult. Imagine my surprise when I call back (I was not fast enough to catch the call initially) and find that I was picked for the consult! So, we're talking about the books, he's asking about my aspirations for my writing, and he tells me that I'm one of the best kept secrets out there. Huh?

If you've been following my book, as I know some of you are, you no doubt have seen that even with the small amount of reviews, they have all been five-star. Even folks who have read the book and have not reviewed it on Amazon have given me good feedback. There is even one lady who will be bringing the book before the school board to see if she can use it in the reading program for her fourth grade class! Fantastic reviews! Still, nothing has really caught the attention of anyone until now.

As it happens, this fellow has three fabulous felines himself and can personally say that he can connect with my book. He said that even though the survey was for mostly non-fiction, that he believes that we can do some amazing stuff with Diary. He even went to so far as to ask if it went to Hollywood, who would I envision playing Eloise! My response? Gwenyth Paltrow was the first to come to mind...then Cameron Diaz, then Jennifer Aniston. I could really see this in my mind's eye as happening! He wasn't selling me on anything, he was asking if I could envision it, and yes, I could honestly say I could!

At the end of the consultation, he gave me some websites to check out and will be contacting me again tomorrow to see if I have any questions, comments or concerns. Bottom line, no talk of "if you get this then we can help you, or if you sign up for that then we can make you a star." He came to where I was and is willing to answer questions and point me in the right marketing direction. My thinking is this...if I want to continue with their 'paid' help, then I have the ability to do so. If I want to do this all myself, then they have given me the ability to find the resources to do so.

Okay, I know what you're thinking..."What are you thinking?" and I know this could be a "What are you thinking??" or "So, what are you thinking?" question. To be honest, I don't know. I like the idea that I could have lifetime access to resources with one relatively small transaction, but I really am liking the idea that I have been pointed in a fairly decent direction for marketing that I didn't know existed.
He suggested product placement....blog affiliation, all kinds of things that I can do on my own to succeed in getting DoaCCL out there and in people's conversations...I don't know! I'm kind of confused and excited all at the same time. Does that make sense?

Anyway, tomorrow will probably bring more questions, but then again it could be the break that I've been looking for. I would love it if I could get in touch with my niece who is a screenplay writer to ask her some questions about screenwriting and such, but from what I understand, that's a pretty difficult thing to do. **sigh** I guess I will do some praying and thinking, and some more praying about what I think is best and go from there. In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions, comments or whatever, trust me, I would love hearing from you. This is one time that I'm going to literally beg for your feedback.  I mean, really...who wouldn't want to be on Ellen or Oprah as a guest author! ;)

Y'all have a blessed week! Thank you for all of your support!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.