Just as I am

Woke up to a song that we sang last week in Church...its one of my utmost favorites, but with it a question. Are you ready for Home?

 I have to say that in all honesty, if Christ took me Home today, I would be sorely lacking even though I would then be free.

My thoughts went to my almost 32 years of salvation and I could not put my finger on one thing that I've done that I remember for the Kingdom, although behind the scenes I'm sure I've done some.
Then I thought about a young man of 16 years old...Chris Carswell, and his foundation 1Boy4Change.org​, and I look at the mountains that he's moved and I think...in three short years, this young man has done more for the Kingdom than I ever have. And then, I'm admonished...I'm not Chris Carswell and I never will be. God created him to do just exactly what he's doing and for a reason.

Again my thoughts wander to another spiritual giant that I know...Her given name is Marilyn, but I call her Duck. We go back a very long way, to a Pond where camels have marshmallow wars right along side Rednecks, and Ducks, and other not so normal people. People who have come together to share their lives, their hopes and their love for the Risen Christ with those who could be Left Behind. She is an inspiration to me in so many ways, and yet we've never met. We will, one day, but until then, for over 15 years and counting, we are Sisters in a Land that we are only visitors, travellers who one day will be Home. Today she wrote about being on a Transition Team and having "cats paws" kneading at her heart about what her mission is and I thought, "That is the question that was presented to me this morning." Now tell me, who says that God doesn't move His Children?

Still, I'm admonished...I'm not Duck and I never will be. But there's one reassurance that we have in this life, that God knows our beginning and our end. He knew that even before He said, "Let there be light." He knows that sometimes our hearts ache because we feel like we aren't doing enough to spread the message of the Gospel. He knows the joy we feel when we see our efforts come to fruition, or when we give of what we have so that others may see Jesus in us. And then, the song comes back, but not all of it, even though surely I know every word.

"I come broken to be mended. I come wounded to be healed. I come desperate to be rescued. I come empty to be filled. I come guilty to be pardoned, by the blood of Christ the Lamb. And I'm welcomed with open arms. Praise God! Just as I am."

Just because you're saved, doesn't mean you're done. You have a mission to be fulfilled and maybe all you can do is to be a prayer warrior, then do it!

So you're not saved because you think that you have done too much, said too much, gotten so dirty with this world that you would never be accepted. Remember the words of the song...Just as I am, and know that Christ died for you, too. He'll take you, with open arms...PRAISE GOD! Just as you are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Urgent Plea for Help

Jesus wept.