A body at rest stays at rest...a body in motion stays in motion...

Or so says Newton's first law. Personally? A body in motion has to stop every once in a while to take some Advil to quash the pain. Meh...such is the life of a person with a chronic pain disorder.

However.

That doesn't mean that everything stops. Nope. I'm still going. Just call me the Energizer Bunny. Hmm. That really doesn't work either. Okay, let's put it this way, my fingers are doing all the work. I've been going back and forth between a work-in-progress with Kay Ganley, to working on new mandalas for the next coloring book to setting up an Etsy store at the urging of some friends. There is one constant, one linking thing with all of them. I'm still relatively unknown, so my works, whether they're the actual novels I put out or the coloring book, or even the coloring sheets on Etsy, well, they get lost in the abyss of massive amounts of works out there.

I looked at my coloring book, for instance. Color Me Mandala: Advanced Mandalas is at a mid-range ranking of roughly 250k. Yup, I'm exactly 253,668 in a pool of over 700 thousand books that are sold daily. Over 700 thousand, that's five zeros behind that seven. But that's all inclusive paid sales for ebooks. Print books? An embarrassing 650k+. I won't bore you with the actual number, but that's over all print books, not just coloring books. I couldn't find a definitive number of actual coloring books available every day, but there are a couple of biggies out there that have sold over three million copies...each. That's 3 with a bunch of zeros behind it. Oh, how one aspires to that number! The only book out there that racks up that kind of sales is the Bible, so to have a coloring book sink those kinds of numbers is a phenomenon.

Anyway, so I'm still the plankton in the food chain of coloring books, and I'm good with that. I'm working every advertising angle my sock full of change can manage; bombarding friends and family on facebook, pinterest and now Etsy. Pitching in coloring groups, well, actually only one. Apparently I wasn't supposed to pitch in one and it got me banned. And, I'm finding as I'm drawing each mandala, each picture that my stress level is coming down, even without picking up a coloring instrument. I'm enjoying having people like my stuff, but more importantly, I'm having time with Mouse and the Granddaughters that the four of us will sit down and color a butterfly page here, a kitten page there. My Little Pony and Barbie...they're on their own. Just can't do it. The fun part is, though, the babies are learning how to color, what colors are used where, how to stay in the lines (but they get excited and its all over), Mouse? She still colors Barbie green or blue, but, she's getting better about staying in the lines and matching colors. So the blue Barbie on my desk? Her clothes are blues and purples. Its progress.

So, here comes the shameless plug. My Etsy page. Here's the link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/HodgePodgeandStuff?ref=hdr_shop_menu

It's chock-full of stuff to print off and color and there's a link to my print coloring book. I'll be adding another one, as soon as I have more mandalas than I have right now. I'll be sure to let you know when its ready to go. As far as the novel, Evelyn? Its going well, we hope to have the first draft ready for editing by the end of the year. I'll keep you updated on that one as well.

If you're interested in Kay Ganley's work, her book Lost: It Begins can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Book-One-It-Begins/dp/B004JFEWVK

Read this, it's really a good read. Ms. Ganley is great and you sit there and can actually see the scenes in your head, you connect with the characters.

Have a great weekend and a great week, everyone. For those of you in the path of that nasty Hurricane Patricia, stay safe. If you see flooding, remember this: Turn around, don't drown. Don't take the chance that your car won't be swept away with you in it.
God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.