God? Why did You give me this heart?


You know, this is a question that I seem to ask a lot lately. Mostly to myself, but on a couple of occasions it's been out loud. God gave me the heart for the underdog, for the abused, for those rejected by society...doesn't matter if that individual is a human or an animal.

Every day I see at least one post showing an animal in distress. Usually, its more than five that I see in my timeline. At least twice a week, I see a child who has been abused or is gravely ill. About that many times a week there are posts about adults or seniors going through chemo treatments or are finding themselves at the end of their roads. Every once in a while I have a friend or two who are so deeply depressed that hope is something that everyone else has. No, its not one person in particular, there are many on my friends list that have depression and have shared via PM the pain they feel physically from the emotional pain of loneliness or depression.

And every single time, my heart breaks. I want to fix it. And every single time I ask God why He gave me this heart. Most times my hands are tied to fix the issue. For all of the needy animals out there that are without a home...I'm sorry. I wish and sometimes ask for the funds to fix your status, but my heart knows that even if you are saved, so many more will follow you. Its an endless cycle. I have rescued two of your buddies and they are here with me and my family and will live out their natural lives with me...farts, belches and all.

Little children, please know that I pray for each of you. I pray that you will be able to beat whatever has intruded on your lives and that you grow, and live and prosper. The ones who are abused, I pray that each of you will know that being beaten, being scared is not love. Its evil and hateful and I pray you are given the opportunity to know love in its purest form, with people who understand what you have gone through and who will help you through what you will endure while mentally and physically healing. I understand that not all of what was done to you can be healed by man, but God will have the final judgement on who did this to you. In the meantime, I pray that you have a family that wants you, that loves you, and cherishes you, unconditionally.

For those of you who are facing medical challenges, I pray for healing for you. For strength, for endurance, for peace knowing that God is with you before, now and at the end of your journey. Please know that. And for those who are ending their life's journey, I pray for a peaceful passing. That Jesus will be the One to guide you Home, where the body that is now deteriorating will be cast off and your new body will be given to you...free from all disease, hurt and tears.

For those of you who suffer from depression, know that not only do I pray for you, but I am here to be a shoulder to cry on. A person to vent to. I will listen...I have big ears to hear and broad shoulders to lean your head on and cry...and my heart will be with you. You are my friends, my family and I would do you a huge disservice if I did not offer myself to you when you need to talk. Never, never lose hope. Never, never feel as if there is not one person out there who cares, because I am here. I have told you before and I'm telling you again. I AM HERE. No, I can't fix everything...I'm me, I'm not a doctor (to paraphrase Dr. McCoy), but I can listen, I can try to help if I can. If I can't, then I'll find someone who can, if you want me to. But I want you to know, before you even think you don't matter, that nothing matters anymore and no one cares, that if nothing or no one else does, I do, I care, and you matter to me.

I still wonder, I still ask why God gave me this heart. I don't have the answer to that, and I hope that when I get Home that God will show me the reason. In the meantime, I'm here if you need me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.