Oh, look! There's Nessie!

Okay, so maybe not, but there's some serious rain going on over the Gulf Coast.

We've been in this house since March of '01. Not the most sturdy house in the neighborhood, heavens knows that we've had our fair share of fixes and repair, after all, the house is forty-three years old. However, through Hurricanes/Tropical Storms Rita, Allison and Ike, never once have I had water in the house. Bees, yes, water no.

Apparently this year is different. There's been talk on the neighborhood sites that this could very well be a 500 year flood season, and that's possible, but all I know is I have a bunch of chickens disguised as dogs in my house. Okay, well, my big girls, Bailey and Izzy are better than my daughter's Japanese bred pooches, and as I think about it, they should have the ability to tread or even maybe even like water in their DNA. Nope. The Min Pin will swim the small lake on my back porch, go to the grass, look around and swim back. Because he doesn't even leave a carbon footprint, his paws usually don't get wiped down like the other dog's do. Anyway, as soon as he's dried off, he runs to either the hallway or my room and poops, then comes and tells me about it. Grr! I suppose I should be amused that he tells on himself, but seriously, you're out on the grass, do your business and come in. No spanking necessary! Sheesh!

As for the Shiba mix, he's more creative. He stands on the windowsill outside and pees. He hasn't figured out how to poop from there, when he has to he braves the water, does his business and runs back to the door where he will balance himself on the step until I open the door. I have never seen a dog who thinks he will melt if he touches water with his paws before. I've always heard Shibas hate water, but have never seen it with my own eyes. Its quite comical, actually!

Oh, my house. Some minor water seepage, nothing all the towels in the house won't take care of. No water damage to any furniture or electronics, so God has blessed this home. All that ended up happening is that I got my leg exercises in for the day...at least for now.

If you're in Houston or the surrounding areas, please be safe. Don't drive if you don't have to. There's a saying here, "Turn around. Don't drown." Pretty sane advice. Be safe, folks and may God bless your Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.