Don't lose heart

What a profound statement, and yet, such a difficult thing to do. Especially with the climate we here in America are facing.

So, so much is going on, politically, socially, economically, even down to each and everyone's personal level, that its so very hard not to lose heart.

I write this because I have more than a few friends who are going through things in their lives that even the strongest are starting to lose heart, and dare I say it, faith. I find myself lifting each and every one of them up daily, praying for an end to the strife, troubles and flat out trials that have come their way. But I am only one person. Daily I lift up a family for healing, provision, favor and mercy. I lay at God's feet another family for unity, clarity and hope. Another family for unconditional love, even in the face of rebellion, but that the love be laced with the realization that morals and respect must be a part of the healing...friends who are facing the loss of loved ones, of their own health, the list is getting long. I don't mind, they're my friends, my family and loved ones of these, how can I not pray for them?

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 tells us:

 (HCSB)



16 Therefore we do not give up. Even though our outer person is being destroyed, our inner person is being renewed day by day. 17 For our momentary light affliction[a] is producing for us an absolutely incomparable eternal weight of glory. 18 So we do not focus on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.



Now, looking at this, its easy for an outsider to say that this is a tough verse, almost mean. But, look! We must focus on the unseen, what is eternal. We need to strengthen our faith.


Yup, can hear it now. "I think I've been through enough to strengthen 100 people's faith. When does it end?" I don't know, I can't answer that. What I can say is that you, as a Christian, have a base to lean on. Jesus said to let him take your yoke (burden). There's also something else that can be done. Ask for the help. Ask for the prayers. Just ask...there are people out there who are wanting to get on their knees for you, who want to use the connections, knowledge or skills they have to help. All you have to do is ask. And we'll pray. Fervently.



For those of you who are not Christians, that doesn't exempt you! Ask! Who knows how God will respond! If you're on your last straw, then ask for prayer and know that someone, somewhere is lifting your burden up to God's Throne Room.


Finally, I want to just share a prayer with those who are in need.



Father, I lift up to You those who are hurting. Those who are financially sinking. Those who need healing. I don't know all of those who are reading this, but I know some of them and I ask that You will hear the petitions that are brought to You this night.


Please be with the families who are out of jobs and are having a hard time finding something to support their family. I pray for Your provision, Your favor, Your mercy and Your hand of protection around them. Keep them guarded as they search, guide them to the place where they need to go.



Please be with those who are facing illnesses, whether it is their own, an illness of an elderly parent, a spouse or a child, I pray for Your comfort as never before. I pray for wisdom for the medical staff that attends to these, that You will grant them wisdom and the knowledge to put that wisdom to work to heal these loved ones. I pray for compassion and strength.


I pray, Father, for those mourning. Comfort them in a way that the only explanation is You. Gather them in Your arms, speak softly to them, give them peace. Give them strength to take another step, then another, so that they may be able to move forward and heal.



Please be with those who are facing marital problems. Whether it is a total break-down of the family, or problems within the family structure, be it addiction, rebellion, or just adjusting to new things, I pray for calm, focus, and help. I pray for wisdom for the parents in dealing with situations that are due to rebellion or addiction or both. I pray for those parents who are both working, some opposite shifts to make ends meet. Help them to make time for their children and the family.


I pray for those who have found themselves financially insolvent. For those who are facing evictions, foreclosures, homelessness. Please provide, Father, for their needs. Please bring to them the people who can and will help, whether it is a temporary fix or a permanent one, Father I ask for Your mercy, favor and provision.


In Jesus' precious Name, I bring all of these requests to You,


Amen.

Folks, you are all important to me, whether I know you or not. This prayer was for all of you, as well as for those I know and love. Please know that I do not take your readership lightly and I am beyond blessed knowing that you come back time after time to read what sometimes are rants and sometimes are calls to action. Funny, serious or heart-wrenching...you continue to read, and I am continually blessed by your feedback and readership.



Be blessed. Have a wonderful rest of your week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.