The sun has risen and it's a new day...

The world didn't go up in flames. No one was raptured. No aliens attacked, and everyone still is going about their business, whether it is school, work or retirement. The world didn't come to an end. But, that doesn't mean this election season is over, because its not.

I have to commend Mrs. Clinton for her decision to concede gracefully. She fought long, hard and well, and I have to say, in my opinion, in some cases dirty. Trump isn't clean here, though...that mouth of his was his liability. He had the opportunity to take the high road more than once, but instead chose to run that mouth. Smh... Enough about that, though. Now comes the time to put feet on his promises.

I get that some of you are distraught over the President Elect, I get that, but it is what it is. I know in my case, when I went to cast my ballot that my Candidates of Choice were not on the ballot and because I live in Texas, write-ins were not allowed. Instead of Allen West or Ben Carson, I had the four candidates to choose from. Since I disagreed heavily with Mrs. Clinton's platform, she was out. Because Jill Stein's platform was similar to hers, she was out. That left Gary Johnson and Donald Trump. So I held my nose and clicked a box. No, I don't plan on divulging who I voted for...even my husband doesn't know. That is between me, the voting machine and God. That's where I'm leaving it.

The thing is, I believe that God had a mighty hand in this. Now, hear me out. Being a Conservative Christian, I don't discount a lot of things...there has been talk all over the board about Trump being anointed by God. Trust me, I rolled my eyes at that one on more than one occasion. But the more he progressed, the more he won, the more I started to pay attention. He beat odds that if I had laid a bet in Vegas,  I would be set for life. A Vegas betting site gave Hillary a -550 (85%) chance of clinching the Presidency, with Trump coming in at +375 (25.5-33%) that he would win. He blew the bookies out of the water.  Wall Street panicked about ten o'clock last night by dumping stock. Last I checked it was down 700 points. This morning, it had recovered nicely. Again, I tilt my head in wonder at what is going on...and the fact that I'm watching this, this miracle of sorts in real time is fascinating. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the man much, and to be honest, I could very well change my mind over time, but this, for those of us who are Watchers on the Wall, this is fascinating.

When Trump's position was determined this morning in the wee hours, I thought back to the last video that I watched regarding him being "anointed" by God (rolled my eyes then, too). The man's words were pretty spot on. I had never seen or heard a prophecy come to light in my lifetime and its a bit unnerving. Now I'm waiting to see what happens next. Is he going to do as he said, or is he locked away in some dark, dank room, laughing an evil laugh and rubbing his hands together as he watches his new minions go about their desensitized way? Okay, the writer in me took over there for a moment, but that's what I imagine those who were staunchly against him are thinking right now. He's the devil in disguise, ready to put the Country on it's collective butt, and take it back a half a century. Personally, I don't think that's happening, but again, I'm only a Watcher.

Okay, I've rambled on enough, let me get to it here before you all fall asleep on me.

Trump is now the President-Elect of the United States. He is the one that God has allowed to govern this Country and now we all have a choice to make. Either you're going to pack up and head out, like so many have said they would do, or you're going to stay and work to make a very divided Country resemble the one that the Founding Fathers envisioned. He has vowed to bring the Constitution back on line, not, as some may think or say, to send us back 50 years, but to propel us into the future. To get our children back in the top percentiles in education. To bring back space exploration. To bring jobs back that were removed because manufacturing (and sad to say, quality) is less expensive overseas. To bring to the inner cities a chance to turn them from slums to livable areas that thrive. To remove poverty and to bring prosperity (basically, your chicken in every pot promise). His feet are to the fire here, the people have put him in the Big Chair, now he has to deliver on his promises. They saw someone who wasn't establishment come against the big guys on Capitol Hill, now they expect him to do as he has promised. These are people who have come out of the woodwork to vote because they felt an urgency to do so. They have seen the people's "voice" get heard, and they're pumped. When he stumbles, and he will, be sure they will no longer be quiet and he will hear about it.

Now, I'm no soothsayer, not psychic and I'm certainly not a prophet, but I have a feeling that he will do his best to fulfill those promises. Why? Because I look at his family. His children are good, hard working people who are successful. They've worked their ways up in his companies, and have gotten to the top. Not because they're his kids, but because they've worked for it. Ivanka started out like any privileged kid, but really did work her way up, in her own way. Jewish by conversion, she and her husband raise their child in the Jewish traditions and with the Jewish observations. Don and Eric, however, have literally worked their ways up the ladder. From working with the construction crews that their father employs, laying bricks, doing manual labor, etc. to clerks to top jobs, they know the struggles and triumphs of each faction personally, having done the work themselves. Donald Trump did not do a slack job raising his kids.

He's a teetotaler. Never done drugs or drank alcohol. And is a billionaire...one who has said he will not take a salary while in office.

This morning I had a lot of pithy observations to write down, but now I'm down to this. This man is there because God allowed him to be there, whether by chance or design, I don't know. What I do know is now that he is there, we have to continue to pray for our Government, our Country and for God's forgiveness on this Land. We have to pray for a strengthening with our alliance with Israel, and that President Trump will defend this Country to the best of his ability. That he will take care of those at home who have fallen between the cracks, as well as fulfilling our duties in NATO and to our allies. He has to be all things to all people, whether he likes them or not. He needs to temper his temper and practice humility when needed. He needs to allow the people who know their jobs the best to do what they have been trained to do. And he needs to seek God's wisdom in governing...with Mike Pence as his VP, I think he's got a good head start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.