All I can do is shake my head...

Wow. When I look around me, all I can do is shake my head.

It's been a while since I've posted, I know, and I apologize. Lots has been going on and sitting down and writing has been something that I've had a problem doing. My thoughts have come out jumbled as if they just went through a blender. Until now.

Trust me, there has been fodder out there for me to write about, but in the interest of keeping my witness about me and my sanity to boot, I've just stuck to what my mother used to say, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

That said...I'm going to step out there and just let go.

Since the Dr. Dao incident, I've been itching to get on here and say what I think. Well, I'm not commenting on that or any of the other incidents, sort of. Actually, I'm going to address all of them at the same time with my opinion, such as it is. Take it or leave it, it is what I think.

We live in a "microwave" society. Everything is instant or fast. We have instant rice, fast food, instant feedback, fast pass with our credit cards. We have instant access to our bank accounts, credit card accounts, news, entertainment...you name it, it's at our fingertips thanks to the world wide web. News that used to take hours to get to you (you would have to wait for the news to come on or the news to hit the papers), now is instantaneous, thanks to live feeds. From our cell phones.

The incidents that we see, on an almost daily basis, are not increased, they're just shown and go viral instantly. Like I said, we now have live feed on our phones. Nothing is off limits anymore. It's like people have lost their common sense and their collective minds. I get social injustice, I do, but come on...this is out of hand. To me, it looks as if people have gotten greedier. They crave that 15 minutes of fame, the easy buck, that way to stick it to big business, innocent employees who do their jobs exceptionally are unfortunate casualties from the fallout.

The airlines have lately been the focus of live feeds, and call outs. It used to be that people had respect for rules, regulations and authority, now all of that and common sense have taken a hike. To top it all off, when it's out there, and viral, people are hopping on the bandwagon and saying that they'll never fly so-and-so again. So, let me pose this question to you...

When was the last time you had or had seen an incident on a flight you've taken? I'm willing to bet that it has been once to never. I've been flying all my life, that's 57 years, folks, and I have yet to see an incident. 57 years. 0 incidents, and I've flown all over the place. Sure there are annoying people on flights. There are times when I haven't liked my seat, or my seat mate, but I've not raised a fuss about it or brought it out to Facebook or YouTube. There are rules and regulations in place for a reason, and I get that. I may not like them, but I get it. I respect it and understand that most if not all of it is for my safety as well as others. If I have an issue on board a flight, I address it properly, by bringing it to the flight attendant's attention. If it is an employee issue, I bring it to a supervisor at my destination. If it is something the company should address, I lodge the complaint that way. The way its supposed to be, up the chain of command. As it should be.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't record an injustice or a crime if you see it...yeah, it probably should be. I'm not saying don't be angry or frustrated at what you see, but don't get on a bandwagon you were never on in the first place. Just because an incident has been brought to your attention, doesn't mean it happens all the time, and if it never happens to you, why are you worried about it?
If you have an issue, address it, properly, but for crying out loud, don't go lemming. If you have a legitimate gripe, I get it. If you don't, just please, shh.

Like I said...just my opinion. I can only tell you how I feel, I can't tell you what to do, and I don't intend to. Just please, think before you type or speak or record.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.