All the earth will shout Your praise...

As I was coming home from an appointment yesterday, I noticed something. I saw a grackle with its beak pointed skyward, and it was fluttering its wings. About that time, as I listened to my favorite radio station, KSBJ (gotta give a shout out to my friends there. ;)  ), Great Are You Lord came on. Since I was a few cars behind and we had the red light, I got to bathe in that moment.

You know, there are a lot of doubters out there as to whether or not there is a God. To me, it's a no-brainer, but some folks just can't wrap their brains around it. When I look at the trees, for instance, I see an intricate system, perfect in each and every way. Every cell, every molecule, every nuclei is perfectly formed to make sure that my crepe myrtle is beautiful every spring. Even the weeds have structure, much to most gardener's chagrin.

Look at the butterfly. There's one whose wings are absolutely transparent apart from black outlines. When it moves to a green plant, it blends in with that plant. An orange flower, it blends right in.  What about the chameleon? Another animal who can camouflage itself. Tell me that's part of the Big Bang theory (an aside...a theory is not a proven. It is an hypothesis, conjecture, or speculation based on what is seen, but not necessarily on fact).  I know, I know, this is where the evolution folks speak up, but seriously. Monkeys? I get evolution as far as adaptation, but still, to do a trans-species jump? Now that's a magic trick. Although I do have to give them this...we all start as a one celled-being...in the womb. The theory that we all are derived from some sort of primordial ooze in a hole somewhere on prehistoric earth just doesn't cut it. Anyway, enough of that. Moving right along.

I sat in my car, Mouse snoring beside me, because car rides are like a sleep aid for her, and I watched that Grackle. His legs moved, almost as if he were dancing, his wings fluttered slightly, but enough to be noticed, and his face was Heaven-ward. It wasn't raining, it was a beautiful spring morning. He was, in my opinion, praising and worshiping his Creator.

The Bible says in Psalm 150:6, "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord." I would think that would include His creation. In Psalm 92:1, "A Psalm. A Song for the Sabbath. It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to your name, O Most High;" and in Psalm 148:7-12, "Praise the Lord from the earth,
You great sea creatures and all the depths;
Fire and hail, snow and clouds;
Stormy wind, fulfilling His word;
Mountains and all hills;
Fruitful trees and all cedars;
10 Beasts and all cattle;
Creeping things and flying fowl;
11 Kings of the earth and all peoples;
Princes and all judges of the earth;
12 Both young men and maidens;
Old men and children."
Jesus said in Luke 19:40, He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.” 
Eventually, all Creation, including the rocks, mountains, and seas will shout out in praise.

When the song finished, by happenstance or by design, the bird flew away. The windows were down, so perhaps the sound of people's voices startled it, I don't know. I think that bird was put there to remind me to praise my God with every ounce of my being...at any time...anywhere, and to never be ashamed. 

I drove the rest of the way home with a smile on my face, and a song stuck in my head. "Great are you, Lord! It's Your breath, in my lungs, so we pour out our praise, pour out our praise."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.