The Battle belongs to the Lord

Every day now, the news brings us word of another reason to look toward the Eastern Sky. If it's not some sort of violence such as an act of terrorism, a school shooting, or a public figure's suicide, it's a reason for Conservatives, Christians, or others with a moral compass to shudder.

I have gotten to the point that I have very few reasons to watch the news anymore. I rarely watch t.v. unless it's recorded on my dvr. I can't stomach some of the tripe that the media calls entertainment. Unfortunately, my social media gets some stuff...partly because of the cross-section of the population that are part of my friends list, and partly because of the stuff that's inserted just because.

Okay, now that I've piqued your curiosity, I'll tell you what I'm beating around the bush about. I'm tired of society telling me, my daughter, or anyone else how to raise their own children. Look...I have raised my daughters to be good, morally upstanding citizens. With a few exceptions, I think I did a good job, considering there are no "owners manuals" for kids. Again, so far, with a few exceptions, she has done a very good job raising her kids...so far. Considering they're 6 and 7, the jury is still out, but at least they have a decent moral compass about them. Neither myself and my husband, nor our daughter needed society to tell us how to do this. We didn't need the school system to tell us, or our girls, that if they wanted to play with army men that they were going to turn out to be boys. I mean, seriously, I played baseball, climbed mountains and hills, camped, fished, hunted, and judging from the larger-than-life image in the mirror, I'm still all girl...there's just a bit more of me than I'd imagined.

Personally, I get that some teachers will step up when a parent or parents are absent, mentally or physically. I get those times, and I applaud and commend those teachers. You are my heroes. But the ones who are locked in, hook, line and sinker to the SOGI curriculum have lost me. Sorry, that's an area where you have no business going. That's the parent's area, not yours. Lawmakers who think they have the right to dictate how my child or anyone else's child is raised had better think twice. You work for the people, folks, not the other way around. It is not in your job description to take rights away from parents in this matter. Your definition of a "bad parent" stop at legalities, nor morality. Children do not have the mental capacity to keep you in your cushy jobs, we, the parents do. Yes they have legal rights, but they are the parent's children, not yours. You want kids raised in the manner with which you are trying to force on other parents? Nope...raise your own that way, not mine.

This got me thinking about a news item I watched recently about a city in Canada and the way that the curriculum was altered. There was also a Biblical reference mentioned, 2 Chronicles 20: 15, which says:

And he said, “Listen, all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you, King Jehoshaphat! Thus says the Lord to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s. 

I get that this verse has to do with a battle that King Jehoshaphat had. I get that. But, there are other verses in the New Testament that reference the same thing. Most will point to Jesus as the Defender of the weak. One that comes to mind is Mark 9:42, which says 
"But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me [i]to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea."

See, Jesus knows that the children are the weakest among us. They are pliable, like clay, and it's the parent's job to mold children to be functioning, moral, responsible adults, who are then able to raise their children likewise, or better, if their upbringing was lacking. It's not to allow the government, who has no business poking their noses in child-rearing unless the child is in danger, to bring up the child. If you want to do that, then you pay for the doctor bills, the education bills, the food, the clothing, the housing and entertainment. Unless you take full responsibility for that person's life, then, with all due respect, BUTT OUT! 

I carried that child to term. WE worked so that she could have a roof over her head, food in her stomach, clothes on her back. WE raised her to be a moral, functioning independent adult, who now is teaching her children to be the same. WE did it, without any intervention from the government or the school, telling us what was their version of right and wrong...and WE did a doggoned good job of it. 

Look, folks, I know there are some of my readers that will take offense to what I'm saying. I understand that, and I appreciate your opinion, it's just not mine. I'm not telling you how to raise your kids, that's your responsibility, not mine. What I am saying is this...it is NOT the responsibility of the schools, nor the government to raise my child, nor yours. It's your child. You chose to have and keep said child, not the government. Raise them right, with good morals, knowing right from wrong. That's all I'm saying. Of course, it would tickle me pink if all of my readers raised their children in a church that teaches and preaches Jesus Christ as Savior, and the Bible as the inerrant Word of God, but being the realist that I am, I understand if you choose not to. The only thing that I would ask is, let me raise my kids my way...the schools and government need not chime in. Yes, we are in a battle royale for our kids, but when we trust that God will give us the victory, then, most certainly...the Battle belongs to the Lord.  Does that mean that we sit back and wait for Him to come down and wipe out the adversaries? Not necessarily, He gave us a voice, He placed us in Countries who hold the vote dear. He gave us moral compasses for a reason. It's time we used these to make sure our kids are not sent down the path of destruction, moral decay or hate. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.