It's gonna be one of those days!

Did you ever wake up and just know....just know that it was going to be one of those days? Today was just one of those days, you know?

OK, enough of the fun with the word know, at least for now. Today is the day after my birthday, which, I might add was pretty much a super fabulous kind of day. Well, except for Andrea going on about it being my birthday to the entire world not to mention the entire Outback Restaurant that she and my Hubby had taken me to for my birthday dinner. I mean, she totally blindsided me. We were ordering dinner when she wanted to "ask me a question", OK, I'll bite. When I asked her what she needed, because I thought she was going to ask if she could have something off of the menu, she sweetly turned to the waitress and announced to the whole restaurant that it was my birthday. Weasel. Needless to say, I was embarrassed by the clapping and happy birthday song and the restaurant clapping and saying happy birthday. Yay, me.

Anyway, today is a new day; a new beginning; a new coffee maker. I was laying in bed, trying to get my right hip and knee to quit hurting long enough to stretch it out to get out of bed. While I was manipulating my hip and knee, I was thinking about what flavor of coffee to make in my new Mr. Coffee Keurig. OK, shameless plug, I know, but it has to be done. So, as I was saying, going through in my head which flavor coffee I wanted when who popped into the room but Andrea, carrying oh, so gingerly a mug of coffee. Peachy. Not only did I nicely explain yesterday not to mess with it because she didn't know how to work it, but I told her last night before she went to bed not to mess with it. Yup, its going to be one of those days.

So, after I probably explained not as nicely as I could have that she doesn't know the proper way to use the new Mr. Coffee (obviously she does, the French Vanilla coffee was superb, albeit not enough), I clearly explained to her not once, not twice but actually three times not to mess with it. The first time, I must clarify, was when I opened the box. So, strike one in a long line of strikes today. After muttering that she only wanted to help and slupping out of the room, I clearly felt like a heel. I would have to make up for my grumpiness once I got out of the shower.

Once out of the shower and on my way to my second "K-cup", I noticed chocolate on the counter. **Sigh**, another infraction. You see, when Andrea does something, right or wrong, she does it Texas style; she does it big. Asking about the chocolate she proudly told me that she had a "small" glass of chocolate milk (actually, her small is one of those 32 ounce cups that one uses for iced tea in the summer time) and  a coconut/caramel/chocolate fiber plus bar. Closing my eyes and counting to twenty did nothing to lower my blood pressure, but it did wonders for my mouth. Good thing that I asked God to guard my mouth because it surely would have gone off and I would have had to feel like a heel again. So, I rolled my eyes, took a deep breath and put a Kahlua flavored coffee in my coffee maker. I have to say, apart from the fact that it doesn't fill up my cat mug which, by the way, holds at least two cups of coffee, that's a pretty spiffy little unit. I don't have to wait but maybe a minute and a half for fresh brewed coffee, and I can have any flavor I want any time I want. Yesterday I even got one of the personal K-cups that you put your own coffee in, and yes, I had one of those, too....it was Kona blend. =o))

So as I sat down at the computer with my second amazing cup of coffee, Andrea was jabbering so fast that I had a hard time keeping up with her conversation with herself, which was semi-interesting, and what I was trying to read in my email. I still don't know where I came up with the notion that a bidder on an item that I had sold was from Friendswood....its nowhere in the message that he sent me or on his profile. I will have to apologise for my infraction when he responds. Yeah....one of those days.

Hubby finally gets home after what seems to be 24 hours later and what was in reality only three hours later, I take the keys and leave. I need to leave. I have to get stuff for dinner anyway, this being Friday night, which means its nachos tonight. Why we started this I don't know, but every Friday is now nachos. So, I head to the HEB not near me, which means I go by a high school. What I didn't know is that it had a 430 dismissal. **sigh** one of those days. Thirty minutes and only a half mile later, I get to the light that gets me on the straight-away to the store. I get in there and just relax, and walk, actually limp, around the store because the thirty minutes in the Mustang did a number on my hip.

The ride back was considerably quicker than the ride going. I get home and decide to put the K-cups that I do have in storage containers and find that one is opened, so I ask Andrea about it. First I ask if she got a hot chocolate without permission, to which she replies no. Raised eyebrow here. Then I ask her if she got it out of the coffee maker to which she replies "I don't know". Gads, here we go again. So I count the cups. 16 including the one that was used, which means I forgot to take it out and she did and put it back in the box. When I ask her why she put it in the box after she took it out of the coffee maker, she says that she didn't do it, which I know to be false because that's the only way she could have made the French Vanilla this morning. Great, now we have a fishing expedition a la Andrea. Whenever she feels she's backed into a corner, she goes fishing for the right answer. Sometimes she actually gets it right the first time, most times, she fishes enough to get in trouble, this was one of those times. Once that's resolved then we eat, watch Star Trek TNG and then Chuck. By the end of Chuck she looks like she's turning into an owl because now the wind has picked up. It might storm. Andrea hates storms. Yup, its one of those days.

Thankfully in her room she doesn't always hear the wind because the front has holly bushes planted there and they rarely move in the wind. Add to that a sleep mask that she absolutely adores and I have zero idea where she got it and within a few minutes she is snoring.

So now everyone's asleep but me and the cats and they're chasing some bug and wigging out because its chasing them back. Oh, wait, Squirt is licking his lips and paws so maybe the chase is over. Yeah, its been one of those days; I have found that the Mr. Coffee Keurig is so easy that Andrea can use it and it makes one pretty decent cup of coffee (now if they can figure out a "mug" setting then they will be doing pretty awesome in my book); that Andrea still is having problems with fishing expeditions and we need to work on that; that I shouldn't go past the high schools here at 430; and that if I really need some down time, going outside in the late afternoon and enjoying the breeze and a glass of iced tea and enjoying the glory of God's creation is probably the best way to do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.