In every life some rain must fall....and fibro must flare.

So, I'm finding that I'm settling in to the fact that Angel is home where she belongs, but it is kind of quiet around here, with the exception of Gir taking off after one of her babies on occasion. Today, however, was one of those days when everything got to me.

I woke up with a full blown migraine and body aches. So, I had to decide whether I wanted to kill the body aches and deal with the migraine, or kill the migraine and deal with the body aches. I opted for the latter.The ibuprofen will mostly take away the migraine and slightly diminish the body aches. The Vicodin, however, will totally take away the body aches and not touch the migraine. Go figure. So, instead of concocting evil plots in my pounding head to dispose of everything and everyone who is making the noise that makes my head throb even more, I opted to get rid of the headache. The other I deal with on a daily basis to some degree or another and I'm capable of ignoring most of it until it starts to turn into throbbing. With the ibuprofen, it will stop the throbbing but not all of the pain. You take what you can when you can.

So, throughout the day, I figure that everything in my hearing range is out to get me. Gir, my Snowshoe Siamese with what we call the "psycho-diesel-purr" was louder than I've ever heard her, and she was on the couch behind me cleaning her paws. Widget, my little inbred widget of a kitty, who is going in for "brain" surgery on Monday (a little joke there...) was calling "mama" from back in my room because he wanted the water turned on. Andrea was talking to herself in the computer room about weddings on Frasier, Star Trek TNG, and Cybill, not to mention Days of Our Lives...the school buses that were going by on the street seemed to have a hole in the mufflers...everything was in surround sound and sitting right beside me, or so it seemed. The Advil didn't do such a hot job of killing the migraine. To top that off, now my shoulders have joined in the fun. Time for more caffeine, maybe.

Well, the caffeine didn't help, but the nap did. Slept for about an hour or so and it eased the headache, just not so much anything else. I really hate days when I wake up this way, its just usually not accompanied by a monster headache like that. I really did expect that the fibro would flare up this week with all of the stress of getting Angel on that plane and back home. Plus now my little one is sooooo close to giving birth to her second that I'm on the edge of my chair all the time, waiting for that phone call to tell me she's on her way to the hospital or that she gave birth at home or whatever may be the case. With all of the variables that go on with my son-in-law's job and the fact that he's been on duty a lot, well, lets put it this way, I probably won't have to touch up my highlights, the grey is doing a good enough job filling in the blanks all by itself! Right now the plan is to take Andrea to my folks, spend a couple of days after that to get ready to go to Japan and then by that time, my SIL's paternity leave should be almost up and I would be landing in Japan, if I get this right, about a day or two before he goes back to work. Then my work kicks in. This is what I was made to do...take care of my babies, and my babies babies! =o)

The one thing that I'm going to have to remember when I get there is to lock the door behind me or I'll have some random person sitting on her couch, eating a Popsicle. She had that happen to her once. Apparently there on Okinawa folks are so laid back that they will just walk in your house, take off their shoes and make themselves at home. She has a pair of "bracelet charms", two little old folks, a man and his wife, who walk around the neighborhood, talking to themselves or anyone who is within earshot (if I remember the story correctly). One day while my Girl was out doing errands, she came home to the little old lady just sitting on my daughter's top stair, petting a cat. She walked around her and took the baby into the house and whatever else she had, closed the door and didn't think anything of it. She just didn't lock the door. She came back in from the bathroom to discover the little old lady sitting on her couch just looking around. Sat there for thirty minutes, got up, went to the fridge, opened the freezer; took out a Popsicle and went back to the couch to eat it and look around the room again. No words were spoken, just observing, I suppose, how Americans live. She finished the Popsicle and left the same way she came in, without a word. My daughter is now careful to lock the door behind her! Lol! Just a bit of randomness thrown in there for you!

It's now the end of the day and time for me to perhaps think of going to bed. In retrospect, the rain (although not literally) did fall. The headache was pretty nasty and didn't give up its hold on the back of my head until early evening; as for my fibro flare, well, its still there, just more of a tenseness than anything. Perhaps I need to understand that when stuff like that happens that I need to stop to think about my words before I fly off of the handle and say things that are out of line...or perhaps I should just sit down with a good book, or the Good Book and just lose myself in the pages before me...or perhaps just a walk to clear my head or working on my flower beds; anything but sitting inside, stewing in my own juices and sending out my own special brand of solar flares to whomever has the misfortune of speaking too loudly. Its not as if I have a busy lifestyle that I have to carve out the time for myself, I now have all the time allowed me by God to take these steps and become the person He would have me to be. Now, instead of being focused on the cause that I've had before me for the last sixty days, I need to focus on me, something that I haven't done properly in forever, if at all. There will be other causes that come up, and I will gladly take on the challenge, not because I want the attention (I think that I had a hard enough time with all of the attention with Angel..it was harder than I thought to accept the compliments from everyone, even though I truly appreciated them), but because if God has blessed me with the means, then I should truly use those means to help others. Uh, oh....now I'm waxing poetic on y'all!

Anyway, I'm really sorry that I just kinda unloaded on y'all, its just been one of those days that if I didn't then I might just blow up....and then someone would have to pick up the mess that I made! Lol! I just pictured a cartoon image of myself blowing up and the pieces floating downward! Sheesh! I must be tired! =o) So, I'm going to give up for now and maybe take a couple of days to regroup before blogging again....or maybe not. Lets just see what is in store for tomorrow. I'm sure that you've heard the saying "After all, tomorrow is another day".

Good night, All!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.