Wow....Just..Wow. =o/

Ever have one of those days when you wonder why on earth you decided to stir from your bed in the first place? Yeah, I think we have all had those kinds of days and today, this is one of them.

It all started with a call from my mom. Now, mind you, this is Saturday and at the time she called she would normally be getting ready for church. When she calls in the middle of getting ready for church, well, let's just say that one does not ignore the phone in such cases because it needs to be important for her to call at such a time. This was one of those times. Now for a bit of background.

Thursday, a week ago, Andrea and I tried to get to my folks in Arizona. Not only was it the beginning of Spring Break, but is had been raining cats and dogs here, so when one flies standby in such situations, one does not get on board an airplane. After waiting around for a relatively small amount of time, in an over-crowded terminal area, we found that not only were we not getting on this airplane, but it was likely that we wouldn't get on any other airplane for at least three days, including that day. So, we decided to head home and wait until Sunday when the chances looked better, at least at that time they did. Come Sunday, the chances were dismal at best, so we opted for travel on Monday. OK, that out of the way. Anyway, I told Andrea that given the fact that we were going to Arizona that she needed to keep her suitcase packed just the way I had it. I had planned out two weeks worth of clothing at a time so that mom wouldn't have to do laundry every other day for her. With that in mind, she had everything that she needed for the time she would be spending there while I was in Japan.

OK, back to today. Mom calls in the middle of her getting ready for church to inform me that Andrea is trying to wear some really bright colored tennis shoes with an ombre orange skirt to church. First off, tennis shoes, unless she is wearing jeans is really tacky, second, the tennis shoes are turquoise with pink peace signs and hearts and silver toe guards...definitely not what you wear with ombre orange anything. She told me that she tore apart the suitcase looking for the shoes that I said I had packed, but she didn't look in the sides. While she went to look in the sides, I went to Andrea's room to see if they were there. Yup, you got it, all four pairs of shoes were stacked in her shoe bin. I came unglued, but I held my temper in check while I talked to Andrea. I asked her why she took her shoes (and nothing else, by the way) out of her suitcase and the stock answer came out...."I don't know". OK, steam coming from the ears now. Mom gets back on the phone and we brainstorm over what to do in the interim until they can get to a shoe store to get a couple of pairs of shoes for the time she's there. A solution is agreed upon and she gets going to finish getting ready for church. At this point, I feel my tension factor rising. Of all things to take out of the suitcase...shoes. **sigh**

Then, I check with Chris to see if we are still going to rodeo today and find out that it is bat brain insane at the airport and he doesn't know when he'll get out. Top that off with our dear friend who has been out sick for three days and refuses to answer any phones. Our friend has a heart condition and is a stubborn goat to boot, but he usually answers a phone when he's at home. So, Chris will be making a side trip on his way home to make sure he's alright. Oh, and call your friend to see if he will put in the new thermostat, I don't want you shocking yourself. **shaking my head and rolling my eyes** Now, normally I would say OK and do it myself anyway, but in this case, the way that things have been going lately, I figured that I'd better listen for a change. My luck, I would have gone to install it and he would have come home to a crispy critter, me. No, I would call.

A few other things, really actually rather minor have continued my day. None of them, however has been enough for me to shake my head or heavy sigh about. Rolling my eyes, yes, shake my head or sigh about...nah.

I did go online, however to see how much a round trip ticket from Tokyo to Misawa is so that I could finally meet my cousin and his wife on my way home from my Little's house in Okinawa. Almost 800 dollars round trip. This is an island not a whole heck of a lot bigger than Minnesota in square mileage (Minnesota is 86,938 sq miles while the island of Honshu, where Tokyo is located is 87,805 sq miles). Now, the distance from Tokyo to Misawa is roughly 400 miles, approximately the same distance as from Rochester, MN to Thief River Falls, MN. The airfare for a round trip from Rochester to Thief River Falls is 587. What's wrong with this picture? I also found out that the roads on Honshu are not that good and it would take my cousin a good 10 hours to get from where he is to where I am in Tokyo, not to mention all of the tolls that he would have to pay along the way. Wow. Just....wow. I guess, for this trip, we'll just bag the visit.

So, as you can see, there are at least a half dozen or so objects thrown in the middle of the road for me to negotiate today. Add in the numerous prayer requests that I get in email and alerts and the day that I was going to spend time relaxing has turned into "the stress ball on the back of my neck is bulging" kind of day. I guess that I'm going to plug in my headphones, get out my Nook tablet and either watch some Netflix or play Angry Birds. The mood I'm in, blowing up a few pigs might do the trick here! Lol!

Have an awesomely great weekend, everyone! =o))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.