It sure is foggy in my neck of the woods....

Yeah, I know...really dorky, but it is. I'm actually having a "fibro fog" day. The worst part of it is that it didn't hit me that's what it was until just a few minutes ago. I've heard folks talk about it, and I know that I must have experienced it more than once since this has started in earnest, but I guess I just never put two and two together.

Today, as my dad was waiting for my mom to return from taking my cousin around the corner, we were having a conversation. All I really remember from the conversation is something about a dog and cars. Most of the time I was having a hard time relating the two in the conversation, so a good portion of what he said was pretty much lost. Normally I would chalk that up to zoning out on him, which I do well I might add, but this wasn't the case. Today started out with aches and pains, but I really didn't think I was going to have memory problems today as well.

Another thing that really bothered me is that I couldn't do a simple transfer of photos from his phone. I read the instructions and not a one of them made sense except to attach the USB cord to the phone then the computer, the rest was gibberish. I got frustrated with it enough to walk away and try to do some sewing, but I got so intensely angry with the serger and the fact that I couldn't thread the dumb thing, I asked mom to do it for me. I haven't been back over there since.

Lovely fog, here....don't you think? (sarcasm intended). Come to think of it, I know that I have experienced it before, but like I said, never connected the dots. I remember walking into the dining room with a tray full of food one day at work and looking at all of the tables wondering just who the heck it was for. Not a one of the customers looked familiar to me. Praise God they knew their food and waved me down. Talk about embarrassing. Right now, I'm having trouble spelling. I don't generally have difficulties spelling, but today, yeah, spell check is my friend. So is Roget's Thesaurus. Wow....spelled that right the first time! Lol!

Just for reference, if you have fibromyalgia and are having any of the following symptoms, check with your doctor:

 
  • short term memory loss
  • difficulty remembering where you put things
  • difficulty remembering plans
  • difficulty with language, including trouble holding conversations, understanding conversations, and expressing thoughts
  • difficulty finding the "right" word to use in conversation
  • trouble remembering simple numbers
  • transposing letters and numbers
  • trouble concentrating and focusing
  • trouble retaining new information

Lack of sleep, depression, increased pain or decreased blood flow can be a major factor in fibro fog, so if any of these symptoms come up, like I said, check with your doctor. 

I am assuming for me, at least, that the fact that I have not been home for close to over a month; the air travel and my ankle swelling and reducing at will is part of the reason that I'm experiencing it more than I have in the past. Since I am trying to be more proactive about my ankle and keeping the swelling down and trying to get more sleep (which isn't happening much), I am hoping that it will decrease some if not altogether. If not, when I get home I will be making a trip to my family physician. 

Have a great rest of the week, my Friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.