Sometimes its just not worth brushing your teeth in the morning...just saying.

You ever have one of those nights when you look at the clock every half hour? How about turning your pillow twenty times just to find a cool spot and then it disappears after five minutes. Or perhaps, you get in one position just to find that your leg/arm/shoulder/hip/foot fall asleep so you turn over even though you now have pins and needles, to a more comfortable position just to have the other side do the same thing? If you have animals that sleep with you, maybe they sleep behind your knees or at the small of your back....when you move, they move. Its too warm...its too cold...the fan is blowing on my head...the crickets are too loud, someone in the other room is snoring. The cats are scratching in the litter box....the wind is blowing something against your window or there's a gecko that is crawling on the window and with the light behind it makes it look like t-rex. Well, yeah, I had one of those nights.

It pretty much started when I came to Arizona. As soon as I stepped off of the plane, I couldn't breathe. This place is the birthplace of my allergies. I hate Arizona because of it. If I could leave my nose/sinuses at home then I would absolutely adore the place, its beauty is off the charts if you like desert-scape. However, since my nose is non-detachable and it travels with me, Arizona is never my friend when I come to see my folks. Needless to say, sleeping is an adventure if you can't breathe.

Last night was one of those nights that no matter what way I laid, I was horribly uncomfortable. My nose would stuff up and run in alternate settings, kind of like those things that you get for your lights when you leave town. You know the kind, the ones with timers that turn the lights on and off on a schedule...that was my nose last night. Top that off, one of mom's cats was keeping me company while I tossed and turned. My bed was torn apart except for the area where Mama Cat was sleeping, it was perfect and looked undisturbed. I have to admit, though, she did do a lot of sighing that sounded closer to disgust as I bounced around like a fish out of water.

Part of the problem, other than my sinuses was the RLS. As I told my husband...I could take some say, Tylenol PM and have the RLS act up all night because I can't take the two together, or I can take the meds for RLS and hope that they work that particular night. This week, I'm 0 for 5...RLS no matter which way I turn. Makes for a really rough, sleepless week. I thought that part of it was due to the fact that I was playing Angry Birds before going to sleep, therefore winding myself up quite a bit, but since I didn't play the game last night there was no indication that is what the catalyst is. Tonight, I might try warm milk to see if that will do the trick. Somehow, I doubt it.

In the meantime, I get to roust my Mouse out of my bed. She fell asleep in front of the Disney Channel, so my normally cool, crisp bed is now rumpled and warm....sometimes, really, it seems like it just isn't worth it to get up to brush your teeth in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.