Teething and fevers and lack of sleep....Oh, my!

Well, here I am, still in Japan, which is not to say that its a bad thing, it just means that I'm still here. We had a rough night last night because my oldest granddaughter, who is cutting another tooth, has had a nasty fever that we have been trying to keep down. My daughter took her to the ER last night and everything looks good, the only explanation that we have is the tooth, so we're working with that and watching for any other symptoms that might come about. Let's face it, toddlers are hard work.

My poor Punky is so exhausted. I don't think she got more than an hour sleep last night between my Little Bug and her fever and the Little Peanut who of course needed to be fed. Every time I heard Bug's cries, I was up and moving down the hallway only to find mama already there. There were at least three different times that I heard her and every time mama was there. Praise God daddy and I are here to take care of the girls so that she can rest for a while.

The plan for today was to be attending Easter Services, but of course with a fussy baby who's teething and another who needs to nurse, this was not an option, add in the lack of sleep for mama and it was just plain impossible. I just praise God that I am here to help out when and where I can.


I remember when I was taking care of Andrea and Bethany was teething. Andrea, of course was in school for a few hours a day, but it was still hard to deal with a fussy baby and getting Andrea ready and off to school and then back off of the bus. More than once I wanted to pull my hair out. On Wednesday, Beth will be on her own and I will be praying the whole way home that God will watch over her and help her through this process without her losing her sanity. I had my mom only for the first six months of Beth's life to help out, then once we moved to Denver, we were on our own. Both of us were working opposite shifts, but it was still difficult. Andrea was older than Bug, so that was a plus for us, we weren't dealing with two in diapers. I know that women do this all the time, but somehow, it just feels like its unfair of me to leave right now. **sigh** That's the mama in me wanting to help and protect my Baby, but I know I have to let her do it on her own, to let her decide her own schedule of things and I will be close by, even if it is only on Skype. By the time both girls are out of diapers, I have a sneaking suspicion that Skype will be worth its weight in gold for the two of us. For me to see my girls as they make their way into toddler-hood and for a life-line for Beth. It truly makes me wonder how daughters did this all this time without the benefit of video calls to mom to cry on their shoulders when they are truly over-whelmed or to vent when everything is out of control.

Anyway, right now, all is quiet. Bug is sleeping again and the Peanut has just woken up and is cooing at mama who is just now up as well. Its going to be a quiet day around here which is OK. The sun is shining and there's a slight breeze going. I might go outside and enjoy the beauty of the day and read about the Resurrection and the Second Coming and just reflect on that. Tonight will be about being together and celebrating the baby's first Easter and Bug's second one. Hopefully, her fever will leave her and she will be able to enjoy some of the fun of the day, if not, then we will have fun watching the Chipmunks for the bajillionth time! =o) Regardless, I am just glad that I was able to spend this day with my Girl and her family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.