There are some things that just don't work and play well together....

Yeah, some things don't mix well. Fire and gasoline, for instance or bedbugs and sleep. Another thing that doesn't mix well is extensive travel on airplanes and fibromyalgia. Never mind that I had a softball for an ankle for two days thanks to ankles that like to go out on me . Go figure, something that is supposed to be a long term relationship with the rest of my body and it steps out on me more often than an unfaithful husband. Doggone it.

Anyway, the moment that my ankle actually goes down until it resembles an ankle and I have to get on a plane to get Andrea. Poor kid misses mama. She's been with Grandma and Grandpa longer than she should have been and Grandma is overdue to get some much needed surgery on her back. Just for reference, prayers are coveted for that situation. Please and thank you.

So I get on the flight to Arizona and I'm in a seat by myself. No one on either side of me because I'm in a single seat on one side of the plane so I have no one to bug me, no one who is snoring beside me or laying their head on me because they've fallen asleep and have no place else to go. There is an eighteen month old behind me and to the right who insists that plane time is scream time, which kind of annoyed me since I haven't slept much in the last 72 hours. Oh, well, I don't have to deal with it often, so whatever.  Anyway, as I'm drifting off to sleep, my ankle is getting progressively bigger until I actually feel it expanding in my shoe. Never mind that I just got a pair of wider shoes today so that I could wear the brace comfortably without splitting the shoe apart....no, I have to fill up the entire shoe because its the undiscovered country for my stupid ankle. I even had a compression sock on so that it wouldn't swell during the flight. So much for that idea.

Since at this point my ultimate goal is to get as comfortable as possible in 18 square inches of space with an ankle that thinks it needs to now overflow the top of the sneaker, I end up twisting in just such a way that my back has to speak up. Great, so now I have another thing aching that I have to deal with. I had just taken a vicodin because I was beyond achy before I even hit the airport, so to take another one while I'm in flight would not be a good idea. OK, so lets make a list here: Aches all over, more specifically in both of my hips and knees, that was the vicodin moment; An ankle that is rising like it has too much yeast in it; and now a crick in the back. **sigh**

Sleep isn't a cure-all for the aches, either. Even in the super comfy bed that mom has, sleep just isn't on my agenda. Toss and turn and lets wake up at 530 in the morning, for crying out loud, so I laid there and played Angry Birds until 930.

 Ultimately I suppose today is more about moaning and groaning about the fact that I'm over the aches. I am over the swollen hands, knees and ankles.I am over my shoulders popping every time I raise my hands to do something that I have to reach for. I am over trying to sleep on my side and then my hips are so sore that I have to lay in a position that makes me so incredibly stiff that I can barely walk when I get up.I am over practically falling asleep reading or even working at the computer and I'm tired of having this. I would love to call the nearest department store and order a new body free of aches and pains and swollen joints. Fifty two is not all its cracked up to be right now, and I'm over it. Yeah, lets face it, I'm really hating the fibro today. Heck! What am I saying? I hate the fibro everyday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.