I HAVE to tattle on Andrea...

It's probably all my fault, really. I didn't mean it to happen, but it did. I got my child hooked on Days of Our Lives even before she was born. If I really want to place blame, though, I would push it further back to her Grandma, but I'll leave that for another day! Lol!

Yes, Andrea listened to Days in-utero and then watched it after she was born. It probably was the peaceful times of her days when it was on, to be honest, I just don't remember for sure. She has watched it in earnest since she was old enough to be interested in the figures on the t.v. screen that moved and made noise, that I know for sure. It really doesn't help that her Grandma and her Nana and PopPop watched it religiously. I say watched because Grandma only watches when she's here, not so much when she's at home in Arizona. Nana still watches it, though and she and Andrea could probably talk about it, well, Andrea could, Nana would at least be able to follow what she was talking about. Andrea loves Days so much that when Nana gave her a coffee table book on the show that you would have thought that Andrea just got the answers to all of the mysteries of the universe. That kid remembers scenes in that show that we would have long forgotten, and she can turn to the exact page and prove to you that she remembers accurately.

I say this for two reasons. The first is that she had a very near death experience this morning and she got the most devastating news after Days today.

The near death thing came at eight this morning. I was up until very late, roughly about two a.m. this morning talking to my Little in Okinawa so I was beat and wanted to sleep just a little later than, say, nine, which is still an hour short of eight hours. She came busting into my very peaceful bedroom yelling that "Roman Brady is on a movie!!!"....uhm....I don't care. Even with me being adamant about not caring about the fact that Josh Taylor was on a movie that early in the morning, she was insistent that I care. When I made it abundantly clear that I wanted to sleep more she was more than disappointed and said, "I just wanted to tell you...." OK, now I feel like a turd for being upset with her. As payback, however, she let every single cat into the room and closed the door. Yeah, I didn't feel that bad at that point.

The second thing was the Olympics. I am convinced that we will have to sedate her for the next two weeks while the Olympics plays out and Days does not. When she found that out, she was instantly on the computer trying to prove me wrong. So far, that has not happened. Now, that is not to say that she isn't kind of interested in the Olympics, she's really interested in the opening ceremony, but other than the swimming, I'm not sure that she will be watching much of it. I'm just afraid that I will be hearing alot about "evil Marlena" and Stefano isn't dead because he doesn't die and her carrying around that book just to prove her point.

I had notions of finding that book, that is hidden and in pristine condition I might add, and hiding it from her for the next two weeks, but I'm afraid that she will have severe withdrawal symptoms. That would not be good. **sigh** I suppose I will just have to grin and bear it for two weeks, after all, its only temporary and Days will be back on the air on August 13th. =o))

Comments

  1. :)I quit watching soaps a long time ago but I love this story :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.