Sometimes the quiet after everyone is asleep is not good.

Like tonight. My mood has been iffy for days, almost like I'm willing someone to challenge me or give me a good reason to lose my composure and break down in tears. Since I've been on the fibromyalgia medicine the instances have been few and far between, but there are still days that totally over-ride it. Today was one of them.

It started pretty early...about five hours after I went to bed and six hours after I took my night-time bp meds. I figured that I was pretty safe with the six hours between doses and took my second dose after I brushed my teeth. Yeah, not a really good idea. I felt the drop as I started to lose focus and get dizzy. When I went to take my blood pressure I found that my bp monitor had died. No problem, new batteries, still dead. Peachy. So I decided that one of the things that I needed to do soon is to get a new monitor. Now that I think of it some fourteen hours later, I absolutely forgot. Such is my memory lately.

After breakfast with my buddy, Mouse and I took off for the Courthouse to get my license plates for the Beast. I thought I had everything, but apparently not. The guys that did my safety inspection neglected to give me a crucial piece of paperwork. I will be haunting their doorstep on Monday morning, that's for sure. On top of that, now they're telling me there's a ninety dollar fee to transfer the plates from Arizona (snowbird plates) to Texas. Yeah, this will wait for next payday for sure.

On to my next destination. Hobby Lobby. One of my favorite places to go. Just about everything is there that you could possibly want....crafts, drawing, sewing, furniture, home decor....yeah, everything but the cat clock that I wanted to get. You know the one..the black one with the big eyes that move back and forth every time the tail goes back and forth. I wanted it for my sewing room because sometimes I lose track of time in there. They've had it before, it wasn't there this time. Oh, well.

On the way home, Mouse and I were going along really well in the Beast .It was performing well and not making noise at all, until some numb-nut in a new Explorer decided to pull out in front of me, without signalling and then stopped. I had glanced in my rear-view and looked up just in time to slam on the brakes. The good news is that the brakes work very well, the bad news is that the Beast grumbled the entire way home. The Explorer is glad that Beast could pretty much stop on a dime, other wise he would have had to pedal home with what would have been left after that monstrosity plowed into him. The really bad thing is that this guy was totally oblivious to my horn and screeching tires and how close he came to a pile of plastic around him. I was so angry that I was shaking. We had planned to get a lemonade if the lines at Chick Fil A had died down, but I was so upset that we just bypassed it and went straight home. On the way, I gandered a look and saw that the drive-thru line was wrapped around the building, twice...no lemonade today anyway.

Pretty upset is beyond what I was when I got home and I knew that the triggers were just out there waiting to gig me. Sure enough, it happened this evening after everyone went to bed. I found an old friend of mine who has joined facebook recently...he and his wife were the ones who made it possible to have Draco. As I looked at the pictures of the puppies that they are working with, I could feel the hole in my heart ache. I so miss my big old Boob, he was a one in a million Aussie, he could never, ever be replaced. Those eyes, so full of mischief and love and mischief...just can't be replaced. Then I thought about Kona, who I adopted to try and fill his place, only to have her taken from me as well. So now, I have two holes...one bigger, furrier and goofier than the other, but two holes just the same... and I found myself with a lump bigger than the state of Texas in my throat. My cats are my babies, that's true, but only one would do to me what these two dogs had done...stolen my heart. I can't convey in proper words how much I miss them and wish that they were still here with me. For right now, though, I have to hold on to my Widget as tight as I can, and I think he understands that. Don't ask me how I know, I just do. He has the ability to sense when I'm down and will spend his day by my side. He's the only one of the cats that does that, and for that, I am truly blessed.

I'm hoping that once I am finished crying over the two that are gone that I will be able to not squeeze the one who is with me too tight so that I squeak him and that his reassuring purrs will be able to calm me enough to get some sleep.

Good night, everyone. Don't forget to give your furry babies an extra pat on the head or a rub on the back. You never know when they will have to leave to wait for you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.