Who knew I could really dislike spiders this much...

Seriously.  I hate spiders. Not as much as some people I know (you know who you are...), but I am not a fan. When there's just a little brown house spider around, I call Chris to come and smash it. When Draco was still alive, he wouldn't allow anyone to kill bugs...I guess he was kind of a nature boy that way. He could kill all the bugs he wanted to, but let us take a paper, shoe or magazine to one, or if the cats had found one and was playing with it before dismembering it, he would fuss and go after whoever was after the bug. Now that he's not around, its kind of quiet except for the occasional  scream from me or the "ewww" from Andrea.

Anyway, I bring this up for a reason. Now, mind you, I haven't seen one of these buggers here and I hope I never do, but I had a dream...not a nightmare, a dream (how can it not be a nightmare, right?) about a banana spider. For those of you who have no idea what the heck a banana spider looks like, well, here it is:



As you can see, they're not exactly the little brown spiders that we all see in the house from time to time. Just looking at this picture gives me the willies, and I can hear a certain gentleman friend of mine screaming like a little girl right now....Lol!


Anyway, I'm not sure how exactly the dream started, but the last part of it was that someone had invited me over to play a board game. For some reason I was still living with my folks and Mom told me that the bathroom and some other room had to be mopped before I went. Andrea hopped right on the bathroom and started on the other room, but had neglected to sweep before mopping. After I mentioned that she was just making mud everywhere, I grabbed what I think was a broom and started sweeping.

About halfway through the sweeping process I came upon a spider web. It wasn't huge but it wasn't small either, and no matter what size it was, it had to go. So I stuffed the broom into the cranny that it was located in and started to get rid of it. That's when Ugly came out to investigate. Honestly, I think that I actually screamed, Beth said that she heard nothing, not even a peep from me, but I sure screamed loud in my dream. This thing was big, ugly and had a pissed look on its face. Me, personally? I beat feet out of there and rather hysterically announced that there was "a bug" that needed to be gotten rid of. I don't remember who went after it, but they certainly didn't return.

The next thing that I remember is that no matter where I went, that danged spider was there...glaring at me. Now, I don't remember getting rid of any egg sacs so I am not sure why it would keep giving me such a crazy look, but it kept haunting me. Then it grew some, which made it more gruesome than it was before. By the end of the dream the thing had quadrupled in size and the eyes were more defined. The look on its face was too, and I swear it told me that I had better watch my back. I woke up in a sweat, but not with the pulse pounding or the wild eyed look that one gets when one has a nightmare.  Just sweaty, I think because I didn't turn on the a/c before I went to bed as it was quite pleasant and not warm at all.

So now, I will be on the lookout for any webs around or anything that might move in the bushes around here. Beth has a couple of banana trees that are just down the street from her home on a vacant lot. They have quite a few bunches of bananas on them that she has been eyeballing....I think that I will be mentioning the dream that I had already related to her and suggesting that she leave them be. We don't need me having to go to the looney bin before I leave here.

Just a suggestion.....
Lol!

Have a great Labor Day, folks! Be safe and God bless!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.