Melancholy

Melancholy: Suggestive or expressive of sadness or depression of mind or spirit.

Causing or tending to cause sadness or depression of mind or spirit.

Depressed in spirits; dejected; sad.

Yup, that pretty much defines my mood today. I woke up with the weepies, along with being very sore and stiff and all it took was a neighbor dog to send me into a tail-spin.

I know that sometimes the "downs" will hit with the fibromyalgia, but this hit just a bit beyond that. It felt for all it was worth that I was grieving for Draco, my Australian Shepherd and Kona, my lab puppy all over again...like it happened yesterday. Shaking it, no matter how I have tried is an exercise in futility. I reached out to God through prayer and my spirit is now calmed, but I still feel the grief and I feel it hard.

At the end of next month I will be able to have a puppy in the house again. For those of you who do not know, Kona, my lab puppy had parvovirus and we were under quarantine for six months. November 29th will be the end of the six months to the day. Ever since that day in May when I had to make the decision, which was being made for me as I watched her slip away from me second by second, I have had an empty place in my heart. Draco left a good chunk gone of my heart when we lost him, but she took another good hunk with her with her last breath. I have watched the shelter's web site every week and my heart just cries with every puppy brought in. **sigh**

Now, I am just trying to get myself together to put on a mask of good cheer so that no one knows that my heart is breaking today, and hopefully tomorrow will bring with it the peace that they are OK and just waiting for me when I go Home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.