Good Golly, Miss Molly!

Apparently, I've been slacking. So sue me. =o)
Seriously, its been a busy month around here. Since my last post, I suppose that I've been a little shocked and dismayed at the events of November 6, but I'm over it now. I did manage to go into a two and a half week flare up, complete with flu symptoms that lasted a good four days, but, again, I'm over that as well.

Hopefully, this post finds all of y'all happy, healthy and full of stuffing, the bread kind. Personally I had two kinds, bread and corn bread and I must say that they were purely yummy. Chris, Andrea and I went to El Paso for Thanksgiving to spend the holiday with his recently widowed mom. This was the first real holiday without PopPop...I know that his presence was missed. It was strange not having him there, but it felt even more odd to not have my Punky and her family there, even if she hasn't been home for at least two years for the holidays. I mean, everyone else was there, for her to not be there was, well, odd. Praise God for Skype as she was able to talk to everyone and for just a minute or two, it didn't feel as if she were a world away.

I managed to miss Black Friday...again, a Praise God moment. For a split second or two I had notions of perhaps participating in this ridiculous event, but trying to get on a plane home was a bigger priority since Chris had to be back to work on Tuesday (today) and if we hadn't gotten out of there Friday, he may not have been back in time. Besides, I think that I'm just a tad too old to fight off all of those younger folks just to get a good deal on a flat screen t.v. or a DVD player or any of the various and sundry things that they put on "sale" for that day. Personally, I will shop for deals year round from the comfort of my own home and then go to the appropriate store when necessary. No muss, no fuss, and certainly no trampling. I've seen videos of these women when they don't get to an item that they think they need. Normal soccer-mom types turn into Attila the Hun or at the very least, Ms. Hyde when it comes to getting the bargain that they thought was theirs. This is not a pretty sight! These people are out for your hide if they don't get what they want! I remember last year that the news reported one little girl had gotten trampled in the rush to get inside of the door of a local Big Box retailer. Yeah, this is not my sort of game. Walking in a field of live mines might be a little safer than that. Just saying.

Oh, another thing....the lights are going up, some just hours after the turkey has cooled and consumed. I have to shake my head at that one. The pies have had barely any time to cool before these folks are out on ladders stringing brightly colored lights and placing cute and cuddly yard art out. Personally, I will probably wait until next weekend, when its actually December to put out any decorations. Besides, I have to figure out where we are going to put the Christmas tree this year since the fireplace is now in use. Hmmmm, maybe its now time to rearrange the furniture. That sounds like a marvy idea....I just have zero idea how I'm going to arrange it yet. Anyway, I have bookoo amounts of Christmas stuff now that I got at an auction, so I'm going to put them to good use, and then I have to decide whether or not we're putting lights up outside or not. I would like to, but that means getting on a ladder. With the way that the fibro is acting up lately, including balance issues, that might be something that I have someone else do this year....I just need some volunteers..... ;o)

I have decided that this year, by the way in case you're wondering, and even if you aren't, that I will not be participating in the "lets see how small our pants shrink over the holidays" event. I have seen this product advertised, have read the reviews and have sent for the free 30 day supply of Sensa. This is one of a very small amount of products that I can take that will not interact with my medications. Apparently, developed by a neurologist, this stuff uses my sense of smell to help with the weight loss. Now, whether or not this is the case, I noticed that I have gotten fuller faster, sort of. What I mean is that along with the program of shaking this stuff on everything that I eat, it also encourages one to quit eating when you stop being hungry. So far, I've only had one day when I kept eating and that was because I was stressed....yes, I'm a stress eater, but I'm trying to be a smarter one. Anyway, doing that, stepping up my activity a little bit and making sure that I drink at least 64 oz of water a day (which I do anyway) and already after a week I am noticing water weight coming off. This is something that hasn't happened in a while since starting the Savella for the fibro, so to have it actually come off is wonderful for me. Even if I only drop the weight that I have gained since starting the Savella, it will be a major accomplishment for me as I have really tried to keep my weight from going up, all to no avail. This is the first time in two years that I am dropping and I'm one happy camper so far. I will keep y'all posted as to how that goes.

Well, all good things must come to an eventual end, and that includes my blog. =o) I'm heading to bed, tomorrow I have to get wires and a 3/4" plug socket to get the spark plugs out of the Beast and get it running smoothly again. Wish me luck on that one.  Have an awesome rest of the week and a spectacular weekend!

God bless, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.