**sigh**

There are days, I presume, that you wished that you had never put your feet on the floor. Today is one of those days. After sleeping for eleven and a half hours, I feel like I still haven't slept and have been run over by a Mack Truck. Which begs the question.....how does one know what being run over by a Mack truck feels like? I mean, would there be anything left of a person after being run over?

Seriously, if I don't find the humor in days like today, then I am a sorry case indeed. I am still wondering how does a person know what the run over-ness feels like? I mean, we can assume that it is incredibly painful, but....wow...still....I would think that every bone in the body being broken, being pressed flat as a pancake, yeah, that's pain. Every nerve on fire, walking on pins and needles, no feeling in the extremities, head pounding, OK, I acquiesce, the feeling could come pretty close.

Then, there's the pounding headache like someone is taking a sledge hammer to it. Hmm, cracked skulls, pounding headaches...that one I agree with.

I really am in one of those days today. I feel like that truck took a detour into my bedroom sometime after four this morning and on the way, the driver took a sledgehammer to my head. On top of that, someone shut off the nerves to my left hand so that my ring finger and pinkie have zero feeling in it....it feels like I have tacks in my Crocs and my back, well, we're not on speaking terms right now. And yet, as I sit here and listen to some realllllly obnoxious family on Family Feud, and I correct every other word because my two fingers want to find different keys than I want to press, I have to laugh at the goofiness of the family on the t.v. and shake my head at the cats as they try to get my attention. Apparently, their bowls are empty. I have yet to get up and find out.

Bottom line is, if I don't find the beauty in the day that God has provided for me, for the mercy that I have received in waking to the new morning, new provisions and new chances to make more of this day than wallowing in the pain, then, again, I am a sorrowful individual indeed. God has made sure that I have awakened on the top side of the soil today, why, regardless of how I feel, would I waste it in being Eeyore and seeing only the gloomy parts of the day?

Have a wonderful, blessed and awesome rest of your week!
L


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.