Trick or treat? Yeah...more like trick...

Thought I would get through tonight, Halloween, without any tricks and only treats. Yeah, not happening.

All this week I've been in a flare up. Most of the time it was mild and just basically annoying, but for the last four days, its been steadily getting worse. Sunday saw my hip and leg starting to go nuts. Monday it felt like I had been at the gym for eight hours doing leg presses. Since then its gotten worse.

Normally I would use Icy Hot or Bio-freeze to ease the muscle ache and draw out some of the pain. Even a hot Epsom soak would normally do the trick, but that was not to be the case, as neither of these methods are working. On to plan B.

Plan B is heat and either a pain patch (which is my preferred modus operandi) or a vicodin. Since I try to stay away from the stronger stuff that is usually where I head next. Yup, you got it, it was a no-go. On to the vicodin which is usually 99.99999% effective in making it go away. **sigh** To say that I am disappointed is a gross understatement.

So, here I am, after one in the morning with tears in my eyes and legs that refuse to turn off. I feel like I need to keep moving, which, of course is the RLS talking, but my thigh muscles are saying, "go ahead, do it...see what happens next. Bwuahahahaha!". I take that as a credible threat to my ability to walk into the next room without meeting the carpet on a personal basis.

This hasn't been this bad in a while. I would like to blame stress, but there is just none to be found, at least this week there really wasn't. I mean, not out of the normal stuff...I still have Andrea talking to herself as if she has an entire audience at her beck and call. I still have cats that like to plant their happy butts right in front of me and beg me for attention. When I give them attention they walk away. Little divas. =o/
Seriously, there isn't much that is out of the ordinary around here.
The only thing that is different this week is that its cooler than normal. Peachy. Just what I need...legs that are going to go off when the thermometer goes below 60.

Wait...there was one stressful moment today. I went to check the light bulbs in the fixture out on my front porch. What I had forgotten is that we have to replace the wiring and until we do the porch light won't work. That wasn't the issue. As I was reaching around to unscrew the fixture from the ceiling of the porch, I stuck my hand right in between two wasps that were tending their nest. Not a good situation there.  Thankfully for me I think that they didn't know what was going on, either that or God was fully protecting me from their wrath once they realized that something was right at the door of their nest. I am not sure the record time of someone getting off of a step stool, but I think I may have broken that record today. As soon as I saw that they had headed in the wrong direction (I was cowering on the other side of the chairs that we have out there), I beat feet inside in search of my wasp spray. Darn my luck to find out that I didn't have any. What the heck? I always have wasp spray, except for now. So, off I go to the garage in search of a suitable substitute.

So, while I'm out searching the garage, apparently mama was searching around the nest to make sure it was good and secure and daddy was on sentinel watch, because as soon as I rounded the corner with a bamboo pole to knock it down with, he took off after me. Time for plan C, whatever the heck that was.

Rounding the corner like a race car on turn three I dodged about a dozen bees that like to call the corner of my yard home and high-tailed it again into the garage. My first thought when I saw the can of hair spray that Beth had left there before she moved was that if I got the butane lighter that I had in the kitchen that I could burn them out...then I realized that I hadn't changed the batteries in the smoke alarm lately and my luck I would take out the entire front of the house. Bad idea. Got to rethink that plan, and as I'm ruminating on it, here come both wasps, right at my face. Up goes the hairspray and I have one wasp down, the other has retreated to the pine tree to remove the goo from its wings. While I am still in semi-control, I pick up the lead pipe that I have by the door for zombie attacks and pop that little nest (that's the size of a medium lemon, btw), off and into the middle of the yard. Both wasps recover and its dive-bombing time again. Got the one that was down again with the hairspray and it promptly falls to the sidewalk where I finish it up with super-mega hold. Now on to wasp2. This one has no intention to suffer the same fate as the other and bobs and weaves like Muhammad Ali. I finally chased it off so that I could get the fixture back on and me back indoors where its safe. Later this evening I saw it buzzing around for a few minutes and then it left. Haven't seen it since.

Soooo, apart from that drama, I would say that its been pretty low-key around here. Here's hoping that these legs will calm down enough for me to actually sleep tonight, otherwise there might be another blog popping up! =o))

Have a safe and blessed rest of the week, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.