Please take the time to hug your children and pray

Another tragedy has come to our Land and hit the hearts of every parent, grandparent, all who love children. Today, we have lost children, most of them kindergartners. My heart just aches over the images, the words, the thoughts that are going through my mind.

Right now, I want to bring my children, even though they are grown, closer to me; to hug them and never let them go. I want to keep my Granddaughters from any type of tragedy and I want to keep them always in my sight, but I can't, in either situation. The sad fact of the matter is that we never know when something like this will happen.

In the past few years we have seen high school shootings beginning with Columbine, mall shootings, college campus shootings, theater shootings, mosque shootings and now, the absolute innocent, elementary school children are the targets. My heart is breaking. My thoughts and prayers are with the parents and families of those who have lost their babies oh, too soon. My thoughts and prayers are with those who have their babies home with them, theirs is going to be a long and difficult journey; some will heal, others will not.

I do wish to convey, however, that this is not the time to call for political knee jerk reaction. This is not the time for glorifying the shooter who was obviously unstable. This is not the time for heated arguments or debates. What it is, is the time for all of us to come together to help Newtown to heal, to help the families and other children to heal and for us to wrap our arms around them and support them in any way that we can, even if the only thing we can do is to pray.

We have indeed seen the slaughter of the innocent. May God have mercy and hold those affected in His mighty, healing arms, comforting them in only the way that He can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.