**sniffle** I hate the flu season

But on the upside, those "cool" Kleenex are really interesting! Lol! I got those because I thought that my nose would be raw from blowing it and wow! What a surprise I got....they really are cool, cold actually. Aside from that, I hate the flu season.

We were fairly lucky that we were for the most part unaffected by the flu until about four weeks ago when Chris came home with it and like an uninvited house guest, it overstayed its welcome. He still has the cough part but mostly he's doing well. As for me and Mouse, we thought we dodged the bullet and as the time to depart for Japan came barreling up so did that nasty little bug. So now, we both have the sniffles and sneezes and the hacking cough. With Mouse, well, she seems to be weathering it nicely, me, not so much.

I suppose I can say that the body aches are the result of the fibro. For the last four weeks my hips have been seizing up. I told Chris that I thought that I should be carrying an oil can like the Tin Man. When he asked why I told him so that I could oil my joints because I thought they might be rusting. He laughed, I did not. So, I'm pretty sure that the body aches that I have been experiencing have been the fibro and not the flu, but I'm pretty miserable anyway.

Along with that, I'm pretty sure that if we went there with the coughing and sniffles that we would be put back on the plane to the States. I swear that I saw so many folks with masks on over there that I thought I was in a surgical ward. When I got off of the plane in August, I saw a few people taken over to the clinic instead of being herded to customs. You have to wonder what happens from there. Are they given a mask and sent on their way or are they sent back home? Personally, I'm not taking the chance of being sent another 13 hours back home because I could be contagious, so I'll stay here until I'm over this yuck.

Also, from what I've been told now the Australian nanovirus is here in the States and already there have been 80 deaths associated from it. Yeah, I'm staying here until I'm totally over it because I don't want to wear a mask or be sent home.

So, on that note, folks, here's a couple of things that have been working for us.
I made a tea of basil, ginger and cinnamon and added agave nectar. Its actually pretty tasty and I have to say that my head is clearer today than it has been in the last week.
Since I have congestion and no humidifier, I toss some eucalyptus, peppermint, rosemary and thyme in a pot of boiling water, grab a towel, put it over my head and inhale....deeply. Man, it feels good.
Understand that I'm not a doctor, nor am I an herbalist so I make no claims here...just a couple of things that might make the cold or flu a little easier to endure.

Stay healthy, my Friends!
God bless!

P.S. Don't forget the online magazine, Living Faithfully, now online and live!
Catch it at www.livingfaithfully.weebly.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.