Well, trip number three is almost under my belt.

Trip three, the totally dedicated to sightseeing and spending probably way too much money trip is almost a part of history. I think that we crammed a month worth of sightseeing into five or six days, but I have to say that I enjoyed (almost) every minute of it.

I got to see the wonderful world of Kokusai Street, with more nooks and crannies than an english muffin....got to see my baby granddaughter walk for the first time, well, actually, she ran. I got to hear at least two new words from my oldest granddaughter and we played together more this time than the other two times combined, and I spent probably waaayyy too much money on my grandkids. Oh, well, that's what Grandmas are for, I'm told!

The weather here has been almost picture perfect which allowed for some pretty interesting pictures of the locals and some of the surrounding scenery. I wished that we had been able to get up to the northern part of the Island where some of the more spectacular beaches are, but with two little ones in tow, there's still nap time...for them, too.

Apart from my hips screaming that they have had enough and me ignoring them on more than one occasion, the wonderful pollen floating in the air, and Andrea swearing that she is going to be in a commercial, well, that pretty much was most of the not so fun stuff. Oh, and the oldest's total nuclear meltdown...the haz-mat team probably should have been called to clean up the mess.

Oh, and I actually felt one of their mini-tremors....I was supposed to be asleep since it was four in the morning, but I wasn't and there it was. Interesting feeling, I thought I was going to fall out of bed just for a second there.

The Japanese sushi here is pretty amazing, too....and so are the soba noodles and the calamari, and the ramen...and the weird peach yogurt soda. They combine some pretty weird stuff and call it good, like sweet potato ice cream. Yeah, I couldn't bring myself to try that one. The habu sake was another thing that I took a pass on...not in the mood for venom in my sake, not that I drink sake in the first place. Nothing like Japanese moonshine to light you up.

I don't know how many more times I will be coming out here now, this year has a lot of things going in it, one of which is preparing the house for sale. **sigh** We shall see what the year brings and go from there, eh? Tomorrow sees Mouse and I on another long trip, this time to home and hearth, she is so wound up I'm not sure how she will sleep. Chatty Cathy has emerged and corking her is going to be a challenge.

Well, I'm off to finish packing and heading into bed myself. Tomorrow promises to be a long day.

Sleep well, America...my Marine (son-in-law) is defending your freedom!
Blessings!

Comments

  1. It is awesome that God has provided the "multiple" opportunities to visit w/the oldest & her family. Not many are able to travel internationally when loved ones are deployed.
    So glad "Chatty Cathy" enjoyed herself, too! Praying for traveling grace & a peaceful flight.
    Talk to you when you get back home... my friend, my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forget, Love, that Andrea is the oldest! LOL! That's ok, everyone does that. =o)) Thank you for the prayers for travelling mercies, after this week, I will surely need it as it has been a whirlwind week! I truly enjoyed myself as did Andrea and I am hoping that Beth did as well. The only downside is leaving them behind. =o(
    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.