There is a new headline today making the rounds...

...and it has me bothered. Not so much for me, but for those who will be severely affected by it; my folks and my brother and sister in law. The headline (Martial law: Tucson City Council Hands Authority over to Military), is alarming in the fact that the general population of the city hasn't a clue this is happening.

Davis-Monthan Air Force Base is located in the southern part of Tucson, AZ. When I lived in Tucson, I worked not too far from there at the airport where sometimes the fighter jets would use the runways for "touch and go" practice. Those babies are loud, enough so to break the sound barrier and probably pierce a few eardrums for those unlucky enough not to be wearing hearing protection. After reading the article (link here: http://www.pakalertpress.com/2013/03/05/martial-law-tucson-city-council-hands-authority-over-to-military/ ) I guess you could say that I have no words that would even come close to the alarm that I feel.

You know, in the Bible, in Matthew 24:3-14 it says: Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all[a] these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences,[b] and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.
“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

I highlighted that text for a reason. Lawlessness is abounding all around the Country. Don't believe me? Watch your local news. Check your city stats...they all tell you what is going on. Murders, rapes, robberies, parents killing their own children, children killing children. It's just plain crazy out there. Now the talk of the repeal of the 2nd Amendment has even sane folks wondering what is next. Apparently FEMA Camps and martial law is next on the list. 

Now, I'm not an alarmist, I've told you that one before, but I seriously doubt that this can be just tossed aside as just so much flotsam, because it isn't. Not too long ago, I saw an assault vehicle just driving down the street like it was an everyday occurrence. A friend of mine saw what looked for all its worth to be a military drill on the bank of one of the creeks not too far from her home. Other folks have seen an increase in the military presence, and just recently, a National Guard Armory and recruiting center opened up within the city limits of Houston. Go ahead, call me an alarmist or a conspiracy theorist.

I've said it before, folks, and I'll say it again. Prepare yourselves, what's coming is nothing short of evil and is not looking out for your best interest, no matter what they say. Don't believe that you can't get caught in the cross-fire? Rumors fly fast and furious lately, and your best defense in those cases is to check them out on the latest rumor-debunking sites, such as truthorfiction.comsnopes.com or any of the other respected sites out there, but if something comes to your attention, such as the article that I posted, check it out, if it rings true then buckle up, it might be a bumpy ride for y'all. 

In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt a thing to make things right, spiritually. I know, shameless plug for Christianity, and understand this, I am not ashamed to let you folks know that if I'm wrong, then I've lived a good life that others can say good things at my funeral before they make me worm food. However, if I'm right (and I am, by the way =o)   ), then there's no better time than the present to ask for the free gift of Salvation through Jesus Christ, because sure as shootin' the eternal fire and the eternal worm is no party...there will be nothing to quench your thirst and nothing to keep that worm from munching on you for eternity...just saying.

As for "emergency preparedness", that's not a bad idea, either. Plant a Victory Garden with heirloom seeds. Using this kind of seed ensures that you have non-modified seeds for future use. Find out how to gather rain water or even look into alternative power sources. Learn how to can or preserve. Learn to be self-sufficient, because when food prices soar to the stratosphere (which is already indicated with 4+ dollar gallons of milk in many places), you're going to want to make sure that your family has food to eat and water to drink.

OK, I'm done for now and you can either call me a nut case and blow this off, or you can think I might have a brain cell or two to rub together and it may be plausible, but whatever camp you're in at least think about what I have to say. Check out the link that I provided and see for yourself, just don't sit around and think that it can't happen to you, because one day perhaps soon, it just may. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.