Short but sweet....

There comes a time in everyone's life that they have to step back from the hustle and bustle and take stock of how things are going for them. For me, I seem to do this often, although in my opinion, probably not often enough.

For the next few days I plan on taking a sabbatical from facebook, my blog, t.v. (although the family isn't joining me on this one), pretty much anything that takes away from quiet time with God, quite similar to a fast, I suppose. I'll be doing a lot of reading, not only my Bible, but I have some Christian counselling books that I need to get back into. There are some things that are going on, extra-familial, that those skills will be needed on some scale, and I wish to be prepared for that. I have friends that are going through events in their lives that they never in their wildest dreams thought that they would experience. I want to be prepared to pray and counsel as needed. God placed me on this path some years back, but I chose to move off of it, it is now time to return.

This is a time for me to focus...focus on others and in doing so, there are areas in my life that will heal, change, improve just as a result of focusing on those who need prayer and spiritual uplifting.

If you are of a mind to, please join me in prayer for the next four days for our Country, our Troops, our families, friends and communities. Evaluate your own situation and see where you may be lacking, whether it is subjection, discipline in finances or relationships. Tell someone who doesn't hear it often that you love them. Buy someone who is homeless a meal. Smile at someone who needs one. Encourage someone who is down. Thank a serviceman/woman, police officer/ EMT or Firefighter for their service. Encourage your pastor. Go to a shelter and volunteer to walk a dog or spend some time in the cat room. Focus outside of your own bubble, take a chance and you might make a difference.

My love and thanks to all of you, my readers. Shabbat shalom to those who I will miss saying it to on Friday.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.