Sometimes fluff is just what is needed.

I like fluff. I like things that are whipped and sweet. I like the extra gravy. I like the extras that life brings my way. Sometimes fluff is all there is and there's nothing more to it than a pretty sight and air.

As a person with what the world calls a disability, fluff is a bonus on days that you think that fluff doesn't exist. When my back is not going to cooperate with me in the mornings, I have to look for my fluff. Sometimes what I find is Snickers, who actually is good for the back when she walks on it (she runs about 10-11 pounds), sometimes all I get is a pup who can't control her licker. Sometimes that pulls the kink out, more times than not it makes it worse and I gimp through-out the day, but the love of my animals makes me smile and adds to my fluff pile! =o)

On days that my hips and legs are not my friends, the fluff isn't as easy to find. Those are the days that I want to lay in bed, cry and have an enormous pity party. Fluff avoids me like the plague and looking past my pain takes incredible effort. Mouse helps some, but sometimes the pain just makes me crabby and I find myself  fussing at the little things. When she tells me that she's only trying to help, the Pity Party Patrol comes knocking at my door with about a hundred of their friends and I feel about as tall as Tom Thumb.

When the fibromyalgia hits from head to toe, including the sensitive skin that makes clothes hurt and the brain fog so thick that I have a problem remembering my own name, that's when I have to shut myself down and just read, listen to uplifting music and just breathe. I just want to find a place that just lets me be alone with nothing more than the sound of the wind through the trees, the smell of the air after the rain, the sight of the birds in the trees or in the grass looking for food or that specific branch that will help house that new family. I love to sit at my desk and watch Bailey run in the yard, nose to the air, throwing her yard toys around and chasing after them. I love watching her enjoy the freedom that she has been given because we were able to rescue her. When I am able to focus on these things, I realize that my life has been blessed with a lot of fluff, it is just that I have to look past the pain, in whatever degree it has presented, and focus on the blessings that God has provided me. I would like to think that sometimes, that pretty sight and air is just exactly what I needed when I can't see past the nose on my face.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that when the pain is all that you have for the day, focusing on the things that have been blessings in your life helps to get your focus off of what is bringing you down.

Have a blessed, pain free day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urgent Plea for Help

Until we walk those streets of gold together, rest in peace, dear Debi.

Jesus wept.